No matter what you do, no matter your profession is; entrepreneur, marketer, designer, small business owner; our job is always to tell our story.
The way your business grows, the way you sell products, the way you make money and a real impact is through authentic and powerful stories.
We’re all storytellers, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we can all tell great stories. Yet.
So to give you an insight into the art of storytelling – the art of telling your brand’s story – I’ve put together the 27 most inspiring quotes that will teach you how to become a better storyteller.
- “People have forgotten how to tell a story. Stories don’t have a middle or an end any more. They usually have a beginning that never stops beginning.” – Steven Spielberg
- “People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories and magic.” – Seth Godin
- “Sometimes reality is too complex. Stories give it form.” – Jean Luc Godard
- “Tell me the facts and I’ll learn. Tell me the truth and I’ll believe. But tell me a story and it will live in heart forever.” – Native American Proverb
- “In order to win a man to your cause, you must first reach his heart.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “If you’re going to have a story, have a big story, or none at all.”– Joseph Campbell
- “The stronger the dialog, the stronger the brand; the weaker the dialog, the weaker the brand.” – Larry Webber
- “If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten.”– Rudyard Kipling
- “Words are how we think; stories are how we link.” – Christina Baldwin
- “If a story is not about the hearer he will not listen.” – John Steinbeck
- “The stories we tell literally make the world. If you want to change the world, you need to change your story. This truth applies both to individuals and institutions.”– Michael Margolis
- “At its very core, marketing is storytelling. The best advertising campaigns take us on an emotional journey – appealing to our wants, needs and desires – while at the same time telling us about a product or service.” – Melinda Partin
- “To hell with facts! We need stories!” – Ken Kesey
- “Those who tell the stories rule the world.” – American Indian proverb
- “Stories are powerful. They are the emotional glue that connects the storyteller with his audience and, more importantly, the audience with the idea the storyteller is trying to convey.” – Jon Thomas
- “There’s always room for a story that can transport people to another place.”– J.K. Rowling
- “Tell a relevant, targeted, transparent story, and the whole world will share it.” – Randall Lane
- “Storytelling is the most powerful way to put ideas into the world today.” – Robert McKee
- “Tell, don’t sell.” – unknown
- “Storytelling is the essential human activity. The harder the situation, the more essential it is.” – Tim O’Brien
- “There are two ways to share knowledge: you can push information out, or pull people in with a great story.” – unknown
- “Marketing is no longer about the stuff you make, but about the stories you tell.” – Seth Godin
- “The universe isn’t made of atoms. It’s made of tiny stories.”– Muriel Rukeyser
- “A brand is a story that is always being told.” – Scott Bedbury
- “I’m in the business of storytelling, not messaging making.” – John le Carre
- “You can’t sell anything, if you can’t tell anything.” – Beth Comstock
- “The future belongs to a different kind of person with a different kind of mind: artists, inventors, storytellers-creative and holistic ‘right-brain’ thinkers.”– Daniel Pink
With these 27 storytelling quotes in mind, it’s up to you. As Robin Moore said: “Inside each of us is a natural-born storyteller, waiting to be released.” So, what story will you be telling?
If you’d like to discover more marketing and storytelling quotes like this, take a look here. Enjoy!
Discover the world's greatest advertising
Free weekly updates via email.
Thank you for subscribing!
Something went wrong.